August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd services, including (without limitation) our website and other interactive properties through which the services are delivered (collectively, the “Service”) are owned, operated and distributed by August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd (referred to in this Privacy Notice as “August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd” or “we” and through similar words such as “us,” “our,” etc.). This Privacy Notice outlines the personal information that August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd may collect, how August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd uses and safeguards that information, and with whom we may share it.
August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd encourages our customers, visitors, business associates, and other interested parties to read this Privacy Notice, which applies to all users. By using our Service or submitting personal information to August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd by any other means, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to be bound by this Privacy Notice, and agree that August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd may collect, process, transfer, use, and disclose your personal information as described in this Notice. Further, by accessing any part of the Service, you are agreeing to THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF OUR TERMS OF SERVICE (the “Terms of Service”). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE OR OUR TERMS OF SERVICE, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF THE SERVICES.
What personal information do we collect about you?
Personal information (also commonly known as personally identifiable information (PII) or personal data) is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate.
The personal information that we collect directly from those registering for the Service, includes the following categories:
- All Information in our credit application and COD forms;
- Information relating to credit profiles form credit bureau and disclosed references in applications;
- Bank codes of clients/debtors;
- Name and contact information (e.g. address; phone number; email, fax);
- Billing Information (e.g. credit card, bank account, billing contact information);
- Order Information (e.g. current order/purchase information, purchase history, shipping details);
- Travel Information (e.g. booking numbers, passport information, flight numbers, travel details);
- Company/employer information;
- Geographic or location information;
- Information contained in posts you make on the public forums and interactive features of the Service.;
- Other information that may be exchanged in the course of engaging with the Service. You will be aware of any subsequently collected information because it will come directly from you.;
Collection of User Generated Content
We may invite you to post content on the Service, including your comments and any other information that you would like to be available on the Service, which may become public (“User Generated Content”). If you post User Generated Content, all of the information that you post will be available to authorized personnel of August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd. You expressly acknowledge and agree that we may access in real-time, record and store archives of any User Generated Content on our servers to make use of them in connection with the Service. If you submit a review, recommendation, endorsement, or other User Generated Content through the Service, or through other websites including Facebook, Instagram, Google, Yelp, and other similar channels, we may share that review, recommendation, endorsement or content publicly on the Service.
What are the sources of personal information collected by August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd?
When providing personal information to August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd as described in this Notice, that personal information is collected directly from you, and you will know the precise personal information being collected by us. August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd does not collect personal information from any other sources, except where it may automatically be collected as described in the section titled “Cookies, Device Data, and How it is Used, if the information in that section is considered personal information or if information is collected from third parties, which have been consented to during contractual agreements or applications completed by our clients/potential clients.
Why does August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd collect your personal information?
Subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice, August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd uses the above described categories of personal information in several ways. Unless otherwise stated specifically, the above information may be used for any of the following purposes:
- to administer the Service to you;
- to respond to your requests;
- to distribute communications relevant to your use of the Service, such as system updates or information about your use of the Service;
- as may be necessary to support the operation of the Service, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes;
- to send to you August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd solicitations, product announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you. Please note that you may “opt out” of receiving these marketing materials;
- in other manners after subsequent notice is provided to you and/or your consent is obtained, if necessary.
August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd does not sell, re-sell, or distribute for re-sale your personal information.
When we collect and use your personal information?
In addition to the to the below reasons, August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd will collect and use your personal information;
- Provide services and products to clients and potential clients, when placing orders, completing application forms/COD forms and request quotations.
- To implement legal proceedings where necessary.
- To contact registered credit bureau’s for client profile applications for information relating directors, members and business profiles and any other related information from credit bureaus necessary to conduct business with our clients.
- To submit information to registered credit bureaus and other creditors of clients/debtors as per agreement in applications.
- In order to deliver services to you, we make use of third parties. Your personal information will be shared with approved, third parties relevant for the completion and fulfillment of our duties to render services to you, such as but not limited to, auditors/tax specialist, IT support and management of systems, servers, cloud services, marketing and social media agencies, legal advisors and debt collection.
Direct Marketing Communications
We may communicate with you using email, SMS, Social Media, and other channels (sometimes through automated means) as part of our effort to market our products or services, administer or improve our products or services, or for other reasons stated in this Privacy Notice. You have an opportunity to withdraw consent to receive such direct marketing communications, as permitted by law.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by submitting a request through via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the UNSUBSCRIBE link in any email communication you may have received.
Please note that you may continue to receive non-marketing communications as may be required to maintain your relationship with August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd.
In addition to the communication described here, you may receive third-party marketing communications from providers we have engaged to market or promote our products and services. These third-party providers may be using communications lists they have acquired on their own, and you may have opted-in to those lists through other channels. If you no longer wish to receive emails, SMSs, or other communications from such third parties, you may need to contact that third party directly.
Retention of Data
August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice. We will retain and use personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Sites and/or Portals, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Cookies, Device Data, and How it is Used
When you use our Service, we may record unique identifiers associated with your device (such as the device ID and IP address), your activity within the Service, and your network location. August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd uses aggregated information (such as anonymous user usage information, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream information, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Service and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends. Specifically, we may automatically collect the following information about your use of Service through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies:
- domain name;
- browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view;
- links you click;
- IP address;
- the length of time you visit the Sites, Portals, and/or Services;
- the referring URL or the webpage that led you to the Sites;
We may also collect information regarding application-level events, such as crashes, and associate that temporarily with your account to provide customer service. In some circumstances, we may combine this information with personal information collected from you (and third-party service providers may do so on behalf of us).
For individuals located outside the South Africa, in particular in Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area (EEA), please note that August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd is a South African based company. August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd does not market to or solicit customers from outside the South Africa, therefore, users of the Service should not expect to avail themselves of the rights provided under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). If you use the Service, all information, including personal information, will be transferred to August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd in South Africa. By using the Service, you unambiguously consent to the transfer of your personal information and other information to the South Africa and elsewhere for the purposes and uses described in this Notice. Further, you acknowledge that August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd is not subject to the GDPR or similar international privacy laws, and, therefore, you will be unable to claim the privacy rights provided in those laws.
We may use third party service providers to help us deliver certain services, and it may result in the processing of personal information in data centers and locations outside of the South Africa. For example, these service providers may provide us with essential information technology or tools we use to run our business. We may permit these service providers to process our business information and/or your personal information. We do not permit these service providers to process any personal information outside of a contract, and these service providers may collect personal information on our behalf. Our third-party service providers are required to comply fully with this Privacy Notice.
European Union Data Privacy Rights
If you are located in the EEA, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) grants you certain rights under the law. In particular, the right to access, correct, and delete the personal information we hold about you. August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd will retain your personal information for the length of time you engage with our services as described in the retention section of this Notice, until you request deletion of such personal information.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or delete the personal information we have on you;
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your personal information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information;
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the personal information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format;
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
In order make a request regarding your personal information, please contact us via e-mail on email@example.com, this may take 30 days to respond to your request and in some cases, we may require proof of identity.
If you have a comment, question, or complaint about how we are handling your personal information, we hope that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to allow us to resolve the matter. In addition, if you are located in the EEA, you may submit a complaint regarding the processing of your personal information to the EU data protection authorities (each a “DPA”). The following link may assist you in finding the appropriate DPA: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
Legal Basis for Processing under GDPR
If you are located in the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Notice depends on the personal information we collect and the specific context in which we collect it.
We may process personal information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us consent to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interest to offer the Service, when that legitimate interest is not overridden by your rights;
- To comply with the law.
Where personal information is processed based on consent, EU residents have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. To do so, please contact us as described in this Notice. If there is a different legal basis that would permit us to continue processing your personal information after withdrawing consent, we will notify you of that legal basis at the time of your request.
South African Privacy Rights
If you are a South African resident, South Africa law may provide you with certain rights with regard to your personal information under the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”) and Promotion of Access to Information Act (“PAIA”).as well the Consumer Protection Act Throughout this Privacy Notice you will find information required by POPIA regarding the categories of personal information collected from you; the purposes for which we use personal information, and the categories of third parties your data may be shared with. This information is current as of the date of the Notice and is applicable in the 12 months preceding the effective date of the Notice.
As a South African resident, the POPIA and PAIA provide you the ability to make inquiries regarding to your personal information. Specifically, the degree to which the information is not already provided in this Privacy Notice, you have the right to request disclosure or action your personal information, including:
- If your personal information is collected by us.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
- The ability to correct or delete certain personal information collected about you.
- The ability to delete all the personal information collected about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- To opt-in or opt-out of direct marketing to you.
- To object to processing of your personal information, or
- Appeal any rejection of access to your personal information
You may submit a request regarding your rights under POPIA or PAIA by submitting a request through e-mailing email@example.com or by contacting us in writing at one of the following address: Unit 54 Ivory Crescent Tamsui Industria George.
If we receive a POPIA request from you, we will first make a determination regarding the applicability of the law, and we will then take steps to verify your identity prior to responding. The steps to verify your identity may vary based on our relationship with you, but, at a minimum, it will take the form of confirming and matching the information submitted in the request with information already held by August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd and/or contacting you through previously used channels to confirm that you submitted the request (i.e. confirming identity through contact information that we have on file, and/or the contact information submitted to make the request).
As a customer of August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd, August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd does not knowingly collect or process the special personal information such as your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origins, trade union memberships, political persuasion, health or sex life, or your criminal behavior or biometric information.
If you have a comment, question, or complaint about how we are processing your personal information, we hope that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to allow us to resolve the matter. In addition, if you are located in the Republic of South Africa, you may submit a complaint regarding the processing of your personal information to the Information Regulator at the following link: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/contact.html.
Third Party Advertisers
Information Storage and Security
We employ industry-standard and/or generally accepted security measures designed to secure the integrity and confidentiality of all information submitted through the Service. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet or via a mobile device can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data.
Users of the Service are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of the Service. In order to protect you and your information, we may suspend your use of any of the Service, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
The Service may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. Please be aware that we exercise no control over linked sites and August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. Each linked site maintains its own independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures, and you are encouraged to view the privacy policies of these other sites before providing any personal information.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices, data collection policies and procedures, or the content of such third-party sites, and you hereby release August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd from any and all claims arising out of or related to the privacy practices, data collection policies and procedures, and/or the content of such third-party sites.
The Service is not intended for children under the age of 18, and August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd does not knowingly collect the personal information of children under the age of 18.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice from time to time in order that it accurately reflects the regulatory environment and our data collection principles. When material changes are made to this Privacy Notice, August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd will post the revised Notice on our website. This Privacy Notice was last modified on 18 June 2021.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or the Service provided by August Vormann SA (Pty) Ltd, please contact us, by writing Unit 54 Ivory Crescent Tamsui Industria George or via e-mail at email@example.com or telephonically via +27 44 878 1441.